Thursday, May 10, 2012

Leaving

When I was in my freshmen and sophomore years of my high school career, all I wanted was to leave and go far away for college. I wanted to be completely independent and be on my own in a state for away. I started looking at college across the country, wanting to get away from the town I've grown up in. Once I got to my junior and senior years, I started realizing how much I didn't want to leave. I started to realize that the people around me were way to important to leave. I loved them all and leaving seemed crazy. Nowadays, since I'm so close to graduation, it changes with the day. Some days I can't wait to leave, and other days I don't want to leave. Today was one of those days when all I wanted to do was leave. When people get annoying and everything around you becomes bland, all you want is a fresh start. I realized that maybe it's not a fresh start I need, it's a new, fresh perspective. I'm leaving soon, so I need to enjoy the time I have here and cherish the people and places I get to be in because they'll be gone really soon. People will complain and places will get bland no matter where I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment