Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hard work...

Hard work is sort of becoming a myth. People don't understand what it truly means. Hard work means you put others above yourself and forget your troubles and help others in whatever way possible. The most common excuse for not working hard is "I'm tired." Everyone uses that excuse. The world thinks that that excuse will cover for them. I believe that it doesn't. Being tired is partially sub conscience, especially nowadays. If you constantly think, "I'm tired", your brain will believe you and make you tired. If you think more positively, you're brain will think you aren't tired and overcome what tiredness you do have. Our society thinks that hard work means you get something out of it. If someone thinks of something better to do, volunteering or helping falls on their priority list. People who are truly humble work for others and get no response or payment back. You'll never know how beneficial helping others can be to you until you help others. I worked this past weekend for my school's senior citizen event and it felt so rewarding, not because I got lots of thanks and reward out of it, but because I saw the smiles and heard the laughter of people having fun, and that was payment enough. I knew that God was happy with what I was doing. I'm not trying to be prideful, I'm just trying to say that I got more fulfillment out of helping for no payment rather than getting a reward. Life is all about what really matters, and money or fame don't matter. People glorifying God and enjoying life is what matters, so no matter what you do, strive to do it for the right reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment